Growing relationships with Jesus Christ
That all people have a loving and growing relationship with God through Jesus Christ.
Core values are the “heart and soul” of an organization or church. Aubrey Malphurs defined core values as “the constant, passionate, biblical core beliefs that drive the ministry.” While strategy answers the question “What will we do,” core values address “Why we do what we do?” Lyle Schaller, a Christian writer and expert in church growth, said, “The most important single element of any corporate, congregational, or denominational culture, however, is the value system.” Listed below are twelve core values that are either actual or aspirational. While some of these values are not yet realized in our church, they are all key values that certainly should drive the ministry of SonRise.
- …God as the giver and sustainer of life who is worthy of our worship and complete devotion.
- …the Bible as our source for truth and our guide for life.
- …true Christian fellowship and acknowledge we best reflect God’s image in community with other believers.
- …people and pledge to demonstrate the love and grace of God in all our relationships.
- …the Gospel of Jesus Christ and will always demonstrate that lost people matter to God by striving to lead them to become fully devoted followers of Christ.
- …cultural relevance while holding to doctrinal purity.
- …small groups as the best means through which life change can happen in the life of a believer.
- …God’s call on the life of Christians to serve and realize that every member is a minister.
- …shared leadership as God’s method of leading His church to ministry effectiveness.
- …prayer not only as a ministry or an event but as the life we live as the people of God.
- …family as the most sacred institute of mankind set apart to fulfill the purposes of God.
- …holiness as God’s call to purity and obedience in the life of every believer.